Westport Parenting Plan Lawyer
In any divorce involving minor children, the parenting plan (also referred to as a “parental responsibility plan” by Connecticut courts), will be crucial in outlining each parent’s various responsibilities. Your rights and responsibilities, as laid out in your parenting plan, can have a significant impact on the nature of your relationship with your children and on their development. It is therefore critical to enlist the services of knowledgeable, experienced legal counsel. For many years, the lawyers of Broder Orland Murray & DeMattie LLC have created parenting plans that are tailored to our clients’ specific needs.
Under Connecticut law, parents must file a parenting plan with the court that contains the following items:
- A schedule indicating where the children will live (primary or physical custody)
- A discussion of each parent’s decision-making authority regarding health, education, religious upbringing and other factors (legal custody)
- An outline of steps to resolve future disputes between parents
- A clear explanation of what will happen if either parent refuses to comply with the parenting plan
- An accounting for each child’s needs as he or she matures
- Provisions that will help minimize the child’s exposure to conflict between the parents
Ideally, the parties to a divorce are empowered to work together to create a parenting plan that gives each parent meaningful, constructive time with the children.
At Broder Orland Murray & DeMattie LLC, our Westport and Greenwich attorneys have helped families across the state develop parenting plans that meet their needs. We recognize the importance of creating flexible parenting plans that help parents and children forge and strengthen their bond, despite the challenges of divorce.
Whenever possible, we strive to assist our clients in developing parenting plans without litigation. Of course, in situations where this is not possible, we aggressively protect our clients’ rights in the courtroom, while making sure the best interests of the children are paramount.
Contact Broder Orland Murray & DeMattie LLC
Call 203-222-4949 or complete our online contact form to schedule a consultation.